Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sophia's 8th birthday Spa Party- part 3

After everyone was sufficiently pampered and fancied up, they put on some homemade lip gloss and posed for a group photo!




Fancy feet!


Then we had a few more treats- pink popcorn and cake!












Many thanks to our amazing "spa staff"- my gorgeous niece, Dana

Sophia adores her big cousin just like a sister!


And her lovely friend, Bridget!




These ladies created some fabulous nail artwork in addition to helping wrangle a gaggle of excited 8-year-old girls, and I could not have pulled off this party without their help!



When the "spa" portion of our festivities wrapped up, we headed to our neighborhood pool for some swimming and pizza!






It was a little chilly out of the water!

Doesn't he look like something out of Star Wars with his half-hooded face?

And then back home for a movie and sleep-over!



Time to kick brothers out and go to sleep!
It was a late night full of giggles and whispering, but we made it through our first girl sleepover!  Having done both now I feel confident in saying that despite the giggles late into the night, girl sleepovers are far easier than boy sleepovers by a long shot - no wrestling and throwing each other over furniture!

 Breakfast on Saturday was sprinkles pancakes with blueberry sauce, and berry-banana yogurt smoothies.

And presents, which were forgotten (!! can you believe it?!) in all the excitement the previous afternoon!







Then it was time to say "Goodbye" to our friends. We sent them home with some extra pink popcorn and cookies - supposedly to share with their brothers or sisters, but I'm not sure how much sharing actually happened. ;)


Sorry to post so many photos over 3 different posts but I couldn't narrow it down - the girls looked SO precious, and there are literally hundreds more on my picasa album, so I think I actually did a fairly good job limiting my choices here! :) This was by far the most labor-intensive party I've done but it was also definitely the most fun, and this thrilled little girl made all the work completely worthwhile!

My sweet little spa princess!

No comments: