Friday, August 2, 2013

The sweetest milestones

I love babies. I love everything about that baby stage - even the lack of sleep part, while rough, is totally worth it. So while it is wonderful to see the milestones- first tooth, crawling, first steps, first words, potty training- they also pang my heart because my child is getting farther and farther from "babyhood". This milestone, however, is one that has no hint of bitter with the sweet. I heard this for the first time when I was walking out of Quinn's room after putting him to bed a few nights ago (and, of course, I had to turn right around and snuggle him a bunch more- until he pointed to the crib and told me, "BED mama!!). While this video was staged (and he was totally bribed to do it on cue for the camera!) it's still awfully sweet, in my opinion. When he's big and sassy and wants nothing to do with his mama (like his big brother is right now....) I'll be watching this multiple times a day!



No comments: